We are proud to be exclusively using digital x-rays to aid us in our thorough assessments! Digital x-ray technology significantly lowers the already small amount of radiation needed for a dental x-ray. It reduces radiation as much as 80%! We also take every precaution to keep radiation exposure to an absolute minimum, through the use of lead aprons with thyroid collars, extensively trained staff and basing your x-rays recommendations off of you individually! Digital X-rays are not only beneficial in reducing the radiation, but they are also like watching TV in HD; they are clearer and more defined than traditional film. With clear and detailed views, we can detect decay or diagnose dental problems at a very early stage, thus preventing more extensive or expensive dental treatments.
We offer two size sensors to aid in comfort during your radiographs, this significantly helps prevent gagging! With the image appearing on our computer and patient TV instantly, we can diagnose very quickly and avoid longer wait times for the x-rays to be developed.
Our panorex machine allows a full or “panoramic” view of your teeth and jaw. It aids us in determining any issues or abnormalities with the sinuses, the roots of the teeth, the right and left jaw joints (TMJ) bone surrounding the teeth and jaws. It also helps determine the position of teeth that are developing and unerupted. Our panorex machine is an essential tool is completing a detailed assessment, taking one panorex x-ray can reduce the need for multiple individual x-rays throughout the mouth.
Why We Take Dental Xray’s:
- They aid in the early detection of cavities that cannot be seen between the teeth
- Early detection of cavities prevents the need for extensive and more expensive dental treatment
- Allows us to assess the bone height around your teeth relating to periodontal conditions
- Provides a baseline of your teeth, bone, fillings or early cavities that don’t require treatment yet
- Can detect abnormalities or infections not seen visually within the bone or around the teeth
- Assess the position of the teeth